The first Designers’ Nest Award was presented in February 2005. Designers' Nest aims to expose and promote up-and-coming Scandinavian designers to global buyers, designers, media and trendsetters who visit the biannual fashion fair, thus consolidating and expanding Denmark's status as a fashion and design nation.
Designers' Nest has evolved to an internationally renowned platform for Scandinavian design talents and today, Designers' Nest Show and Award is an integral part of the international fashion trade fair VISION.
Following Scandinavian design schools take part in Designers' Nest Show & Award:
- AALTO UNIVERSITY of ART & DESIGN, Helsinki, Finland
- ESMOD OSLO, Oslo, Norway
- OSLO NATIONAL ACADEMY, Oslo, Norway
- ICELAND ACADEMY of the ARTS, Reykjavik, Iceland
- BECKMANS COLLEGE of DESIGN, Stockholm, Sweden
- SWEDISH SCHOOL of TEXTILES, Borås, Sweden
- KEA SCHOOL of DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY, Copenhagen, Denmark
- KOLDING SCHOOL of DESIGN, Kolding, Denmark
- THE ROYAL ACADEMY, SCHOOL of DESIGN, Copenhagen, Denmark
- TEKO DESIGN+BUSINESS, Herning, Denmark
HRH Crown Princess Mary sits as patron of Designers' Nest Show & Award and actively supports and promotes the initiative by her attendance each season.
- The winner of the Designers’ Nest Award will receive a cash prize of DKK 50,000.
- The winner of the Designers' Nest Award will be offered exhibition space at the VISION fair for one season.